Thursday, February 02, 2006

ABC News: Black History Month: Does It Fuel Racism?

In this item from ABC News, the question is asked whether Black History month fuels racism or not. I think what it really does is to continue the debate on whether it is relevant or not to today's youth. I observe many youths in my neighborhood that know more of the history of hip-hop that the history of the Civil Rights movement. I think that it is a result of a de-emphasis of the past, which a lot of people still do not understnd why people made a tremendous amount of sacrifies ans struggles for the next generation. I don't have a real answer for this, do you?

If you liked this post, be sure to subscribe here for e-mail updates and share the post on other social networking sites:
AddThis Social Bookmark Button