Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Britain's longest-married living couple set 78-year record - Yahoo! News

An item that should encourage us all, whether you are married or not, Frank and Anita Milford are celebrating their 78th wedding anniversary. The couple met as teenagers in 1926, and was married two years later. Asked for the secret of their union, Frank Milford said:

"We don't always see eye to eye and we do have a small argument every day."

"But that comes and goes. We are always here for each other."

This is commendable in this day and age. It is inevitable that regardless how long you have spent with a person, conflict is unavoidable. Patience is often required. But to endure the ups and downs and the ebbs and flows of life for a lengthly period of time encourages me greatly.

I have only been married for twelve years, but seeing other people endure, gives me the confidence that I can enjoy life with my wife too.

As long as she does not ask me to take out the garbage again.

If you liked this post, be sure to subscribe here for e-mail updates and share the post on other social networking sites:
AddThis Social Bookmark Button