43 Interesting Facts About the Number 43
My wife turned 43 yesterday, so as her birthday present, I decided to search far and wide for forty-three of the most interesting facts about the number 43:
- 43 was Dennis Eckersley’s uniform number.
- 43 was Richard Petty’s car number.
- 43 Things was launched in 2005.
- 43 Folders is the top GTD (Getting Things Done) site in the world.
- 43 Places was launched in 2005.
- George W. Bush is the 43rd President of the United Sates.
- 43 million of the estimated 93 million internet users in
have broadband access. China
- 43 is the code for international direct dial calls to
- 43% of African American youth as opposed to 26% of White youth are likely to be incarcerated - from the National Juvenile Justice network.
- 43 metrics tons are still found in nuclear weapons – The Brookings Institution – 50 facts about Nuclear Weapons
- 43% of the population of New Meixco is Hispanic, the highest of any nation.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azaban is the 43rd ranked movie of all-time in terms of domestic gross receipts with a figure of $249,541,069 tracked in 2004. From Box Office Mojo.
- Around the World in 80 Days is the 43rd ranked movie of all-time in terms of domestic gross receipts (adjusted for ticket proce inflation) with a figure of $425,169,200. From Box Office Mojo.
- The Day After Tomorrow is the 43rd ranked movie of all-time in terms of world-wide gross receipts with a figure of $249,541,069 tracked in 2004. From Box Office Mojo.
- “A Time to Break Silence” a speech delivered by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is ranked 43rd among the 100 greatest speeches of all-time by American Rhetoric.
Key Towerin which is 200 meters high, is ranked as the 43rd tallest building in the world. Cleveland Virginia Beach, VAwith a population of 438,415 is ranked as the 43rd biggest city in the U.S. with a population of 5,162,000 is ranked as the 43rd largest city in the world. Guangzhou, China
Tyler, Texasis ranked as the 43rd smallest metro area in the U.S.
- The Dance to the Music of Time was ranked by the Modern Library as the 43rd best novel of all-time.
- WebMD is the 43rd ranked web property with 17m vistors for the month of June 2007.
- Female gray whales average 46 feet in length and may weigh almost 70,000 pounds. Male gray whales are generally smaller than females, averaging 43 feet in length.
- More than 43 million people tuned in to at least some part of the highly acclaimed Baseball documentary miniseries on PBS in September, 1994, giving Ken Burns' brainchild the largest cumulative audience in the network's 25-year history
- Captain Kirk's
crew numbered 430. His successor, Captain Picard, had 1,012 under his command. Enterprise
- 43 muscles are needed to frown.
- There are 43 species of birds in Anartica.
- There is a blog dedicated to the number 43 called Interstate 43.
- The following highways are labeled 43: Interstate 43(Wisconsin)
U.S. Route 43 (Tennessee to Mobile, Alabama)
Highway 43 (Arkansas)
State Route 43 (California)
Illinois Route 43 (Illinois)
State Road 43 (Indiana)
M-43 (Michigan highway)
Highway 43 (Mississippi)
Route 43 (Missouri)
New Hampshire Route 43 (New Hampshire)
Route 43 (New Jersey)
State Highway 43 (Oklahoma)
Route 43 (Oregon)
State Highway 43 (Texas)
State Route 43 (Virginia)
Highway 43 (Wisconsin
- The Church of England has 43 cathedrals: Birmingham, Blackburn , Bradford, Bristol, Bury St. Edmunds, Canterbury, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Chester, Chichester, Coventry, Derby, Durham, Ely, Exeter, Gloucester, Guildford, Hereford, Leicester, Lichfield, Lincoln, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Norwich, Oxford, Peel, Peterborough, Portsmouth, Ripon, Rochester, St. Albans, Salisbury, Sheffield, Southwark, Southwell, Truro, Wakefield, Wells, Winchester, Worchester, and York.
- 343 NYC firefighters died on Septemeber 11th.
- 43 Web Design Mistakes You Should Avoid by Jakob Nielsen.
- 43 Best Blogs Wiki tracks the best blogs on the planet.
- 43 Thongs launched in 2005.
’s largest cycle shop is closing after 43 years. Canada
- the 43 star flag was adopted for use on July 4, 1890
- There are 43 reasons that it’s great to be a girl.
- There are 43 reasons it’s great to be romantic.
- There are 43 million reasons to use myspace.com
- Travels on the 43 bus – a blog.
- Berry Bonds is 43 years old.
- Video game sales are up 43% over the first part of this year.
- The word interpolate is 42nd on the list of words that every high schooler should know.
- Roger Ebert thinks that “Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia” is the 43rd best film ever made.
I am going to elaborate on each of these facts in the days to come. Does anyone else know any facts about the number 43?
If you liked this post, be sure to subscribe here for e-mail updates and share the post on other social networking sites: