Tuesday, December 26, 2006

4 Ways to Remember the Godfather of Soul

I was talking with a friend at work today about James Brown, who died yesterday on Christmas morning. I told him that it was going to be tough, because he was an artist that we all listened to back home in Indiana. The thing that I liked about him is that he had a lot of energy and had a lot of fun doing what he did best. I even tried to imitate his split on stage as a teenager, but the only thing that I did was split my pants. The lyrics to a lot of his songs were interesting too. But, it got me to thinking, how can I keep his memory alive and teach my daughter about his life. I thought of 4 ways that anyone can do this:

  1. If you were going to be in the Augusta, Ga. Area this coming Friday and Saturday, you could go to his funeral.
  2. Visit websites devoted to him:
3. Listen to and Watch his music: 4. Buy His Music from Amazon.com




If you liked this post, be sure to subscribe here for e-mail updates and share the post on other social networking sites:
AddThis Social Bookmark Button